Cryptocurrency prices fall following recent rally
Cryptocurrency prices edged lower on Wednesday, but with little fundamental news driving the market the moves suggested a pause following the recent rally.
Indeed, the bitcoin bulls have been in charge since last Friday, flocking to Twitter to share their views on the rally.
Over the past seven trading sessions, bitcoin is up around 6.5%, while eos is up nearly 12%.
Not so on Wednesday, however. Profit taking likely took some of the heat out of the market and all the principal players were down.
Here’s a round-up of the price action at 11am (London time) on Wednesday:
- Bitcoin fell 1.4% to $6,532
- Ethereum lost 1.9% to $466.85
- Ripple shed 2.9% to $0.49
- Bitcoin cash slid 5.2% to $761.73
- Eos dipped 3.1% to $8.85
- Litecoin fell 2.7% to $85.02
- Cardano lost 3.6% to $0.15
- Stellar lumens slid 3.9% to $0.21
- Iota shed 0.4% to $1.17
- Tether held at $1