Cryptocurrency prices rise on Friday, but lower over the week
Cryptocurrency prices edged higher on Friday, but many remained sharply lower over the week after a bruising seven days.
While the news this week has been generally positive, with both India and South Korea looking a little more relaxed on their, hitherto, strict cryptocurrency policy, crypto prices have taken a beating.
On Friday, however, most of the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalisation were a little higher. Eos, which has lost the most this week, was up the most on the day.
Here’s a round-up of the prices of the top 10 at midday on Friday – London time. Weekly moves are shown in brackets:
- Bitcoin rose 0.7% to $6,247 (-5.3%)
- Ethereum added 0.5% to $437.37 (-6.5%)
- Ripple gained 1% to $0.44 (-6.4%)
- Bitcoin cash climbed 2.5% to $697.46 (-3.8%)
- Eos gained 5.2% to $7.05 (-17.6%)
- Litecoin rose 1.1% to $77.13 (-7.3%)
- Stellar lumens gained 2% to $0.19 (-6.6%)
- Cardano added 1.4% to $0.13 (-10.6%)
- Iota gained 2.8% to $0.98 (-11.1%)
- Tether inched 0.1% lower to $1 (-0.5%)