GBBC confirms West Tech Fest for Perth, Oz
The Global Blockchain Business Council (GBBC) has confirmed it will partner with Australian-based West Tech Fest, a week-long tech innovation festival, to take Blockchain Central to Perth from 3-9 December 2018.
Key speakers include Michael Casey at MIT Media Lab’s Digital Currency Initiative, Sandra Ro, chief exec at the GBBC, plus Jason Weinstein, partner at Steptoe LLP and board member at Bitfury Group.
GBBC and West Tech Fest claim other speakers include some of the biggest names in blockchain plus leading figures from innovation, business and the tech industry.
In-depth discussion opportunity
The actual summit will be on 5 December at Fraser’s State Reception Centre in Perth. It’s anticipated 300 attendees-plus will make the trip.
“It is important that high-level, in-depth and detailed conversations take place between global business leaders,” say Sandra Ro, CEO of the GBBC.
She added: “Blockchain Central is designed to facilitate such discussions, bringing together experts and leaders to debate the exciting opportunities and practical solutions blockchain provides.”
Bill Tai, co-founder of West Tech Fest, says Australia is now at the centre of technological advancements “and as West Tech Fest enters its seventh year, we’re proud to continue this tradition of bringing together tech leaders from around the world to discuss the present and future of tech.”
He adds: “Blockchain Central is an amazing addition to our event, providing an excellent opportunity for real discussion around the implementation and benefits of blockchain. We’re very happy to have been selected as its next destination.”
Click to book tickets.
Full speaker list:
- Sandra Ro, Chief Executive Officer, GBBC
- Tomicah Tillemann, Chairman of the Board, Governance & Regulatory Engagement Committee, GBBC
- Michael Casey, Senior Advisor, MIT Media Lab’s Digital Currency Initiative
- Jemma Green, Chair and Co-Founder, Power Ledger
- Mariana Dahan, Founder and CEO, World Identity Network
- Bill Tai, VC Charles River Ventures, Board Member Bitfury Group, Founder ACTAI, Co-Founder West Tech Fest & XTC
- Jason Weinstein, Partner at Steptoe LLP, Director at Blockchain Alliance, Board Member at Bitfury Group
- Jim Newsome, Former Chairman, US Commodity Futures Trading Commission