Tentative rally for cryptocurrencies
Cryptocurrency prices were a little higher on Thursday, lacking direction after a strong weekend rally as investors took some profits.
Key to the nascent rally was bitcoin holding above the $6,600 level – a mark it dropped below on Wednesday after tense day in the wake of an outage by major exchange Binance.
The world’s largest crypto exchange was obliged to halt trading for several hours on Wednesday as it reacted to “irregular” trades in Syscoin.
With full services restored, the bitcoin rally was able to continue on Thursday.
Here’s a round-up of the performaces of the top 10 crypto coins – prices taken at around 11am (London time):
- Bitcoin was up 1.3% at $6,639
- Ethereum added 0.9% to $470.88
- Ripple dipped 0.3% to $0.49
- Bitcoin cash fell 0.4% to $750.28
- Eos gained 0.5% to $8.88
- Litecoin eased 0.6% to $84.64
- Stellar lumens climbed 0.6% to $0.21
- Cardano lost 1.1% to $0.15
- Iota eased 0.5% to $.17
- Tether held at $1